Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast is a criminal monopoly

I have Xfinity internet/phone and it failed repeatedly. Calling Comcast, I got people in foreign countries who had no idea how to speak English or help me. I had to track down Comcast corporate and they at first seemed helpful. But they kept sending people to my home without my permission or knowledge. They trespassed and left a mess in my yard. They did not fix the problems all the way, and then they lied about the dates of the problems, so they could offer me a pathetically low credit for all the trouble they caused me. They are corrupt and a monopoly. Do not trust them. Comcast is a criminal organization, greedy and lying.

Comcast Xfinity is not being up front about rental tv boxes V purchasing them . A Tv box cost around $30 to purchase .

Renting it cost $5 per month per box. The internet modem cost around $50 they charge $15 per month to rent it . Top this off with loosing your new customer discount after a year or 2 taxes and equipment and rental fees your $99 dollar triple play package now cost you over $250 dollars per month.

Comcast Xfinity is out of control with no end in sight. They monopolized the cable wire and held it for ransom .

Comcast is the most unethical company I've ever dealt with.

I know exactly how you feel. Comcast is unfortunately heavily tied to the IRS/Democratic scandals used against Americans and what Comcast does to 'boost Internet speeds at no cost to the subscriber' is illegally wire tap or connect or sabotage competitive isp devices and uses electronic harassment to 'punish' former customers or non-Comcast internet customers for what the mafia calls 'defecting' or 'ratting' them out or breaking away.

As a one time Comcast customer I will not be happy until this mafia run criminal organization is absolutely out of business permanently shut down and all their proceeds given back to the victims of Comcast, that is non-negotiable.

What Comcast and other democratic crime organizations do is give their organization a new name or use a branch of their organization to launder the money they have scammed out of people to in an effort to keep money they basically stole through fraudulent and corrupt business practices and such a class action lawsuit should be treated as nothing less than a very malicious and deliberate war crime of espionage and sabotage against the American people and as I've said before I will not be happy until every cent Concast (*** as in fraudulent: Comcast) has ever made is given back and until Comcast/xfinity is shut down completely and all those involved in this criminal organization are in prison for the rest of their lives working to pay back their victims.

View more comments (2)
Chicago, Illinois

Comcast - 3 months, 18 hours on phone, no service just lies

Three months ago we signed up for Comcast Xfinity. We have spent over 18 hours on the phone with them trying to get our phone line hooked up so we don't have to pay the other current company for phone service. They say we need to release the line and give us a number to call. We do this. Another week goes by, a technician comes out after we have confirmed over the phone that the line has been released. He arrives. He says, "the line is not released, I cannot install." Then he reports back to Comcast that he took care of everything and installed our phone service. How is that possible when he sat in his truck for 30 minutes, came to our front porch to tell us the no-go status, and then left? This is the third time a technician has come out and said the same thing. Last, Comcast still expects us to pay for the service they have yet to provide.

Believe me, you are much better off keeping your phone service from the phone company than from a cable tv company. I tried Comcast phone service and went back to the real phone company in a week.

Too many missed incomming calls on Comcast, It even faded out when I was trying to speak to a Comcast rep. Comcast even lost my original phone number, lucky I could get it back when I went back to the phone company I have had for decades.

San Jose, California

Comcast Billing Practices

Well of course like everyone else Concast business model and practices border on extortion. For 2 years as part of my bundle my bill was quoted as approx $185.00 per month. Mind you i dont have anything extravagant. 1 TV with a HD Box. 1 TV with a HD DVR and our Bedroom TV with just a basic digital adapter on it. Standard Internet and Phone service as well. I just had HBO prior to this NEW 2 year bundle. Somehow i got this Premier bundle without my knowledge. No biggy i'll take it. Now as of Feb 8th i was told my 2 year contract was up. So i get the bill and its now $233.00. And to top it off as of March first i'll be billed another $9.95 for a "HD Technology Fee"...WTF is that?....Plus some of the other services are going up as well. So i figure my bill is now going to be around $250.00 or more. I dont know about you but thats a little ridiculous. So i call of CS and see if i can get reduced somehow or moved into another lesser bundle. I dont want or need any of the pay changes. Basically was told i cant. I said but i just want HBO. Was basically told its an all or nothing package, you cant really select the pay channels you want any more. She did suggest that i remove the $3.19 fee for Home wiring protection plan that i took......OoooooOOOOOOOooooooo. Yeah that'll help. So in the meantime i have FIOS comming out on March 4th for install and kicking ComCrap to the curb once and for all. Of course once i return the equipment and cancel service they will be up all in my butt trying to get me to rejoin with awesome incentives.......*** me!!!!!!......I signed up with FIOS for a 2 year contract with pretty much the same Comcast package. 1 Multiroom DVR(better than Comcast), 1 HD box and 1 basic adapter., phone and internet. Not only did they speak English and appear to be from the USA but she was very helpful. Mind you i realize they were putting on there best face to get my service and that might change once im a customer but none the less it was refreshing. So for all that i am now paying about $155.00 for the first year. Approx $179.00 for the 13th to 18th month due to some promotions ending and then for the last 6 months about $195.00. To me thats ridiculous savings!!!!.Plus i get a $100.00 Visa gift card!!!...And i can add and subtract services without fees too unlike Comcast....You know i didnt want to change over. I now have to redo everyone who has my Comcast email address. But its a smaill price to pay now. Comcast has just gotten ridiculous. I remember working for a small cable company about 20 years ago. Basic cable was about 20 bucks and if you had all of the pay channels(HBO, Cinemax, Disney and Showtime) your bill was about 60 bucks if that........WOW, times have changed......Come on March 4rth!!!!!!!!....Buh Bye Comcrap!!!!

There was no way I was getting Comcast. All I wanted was internet and after finding out I had to rent a modem by the month, F that.

I did go with Verizon but even they really aren't all that good. Very slow DSL for an expensive price, but it is way better than Comcast.

Artesia, New Mexico
Comcast Tv Package

Comcast - Are they trying to fail?

I have spoken to well over a dozen CSR's including Brad, Christina, Britney, Bob, and several others since Feb. 6 regarding issues with my service. Each technician sounded extremely knowledgeable and was professional. Despite this, all but the last person I spoke to utterly failed to resolve my issues and more often than not, made matters worse. The magnitude of the incompetence of the workers cannot be described and is simply incomprehensible. My initial issue was with the installation of the Anyroom DVR box and two Anyroom DVR slave boxes. The technician arrived with 3 Anyroom DVR boxes instead of the single Anyroom DVR box and two slave boxes. I doubt that he would have mentioned this detail at all had I not verified with him what was being installed before he got started. He explained that they were out of stock on the slave DVR boxes and were offering the extra Anyroom DVR boxes instead free of charge. As appealing as that offer was, it was not even presented before the technician arrived nor did it suit my needs to view my recordings on multiple TVs. After sending him back without an installation, I contacted customer service and asked to reschuduyle once the slave DVR boxes were back in stock. I also asked if a technician was necessary or if I could obtain the boxes locally and install them myself. The CSR said there were 29 HD DVR boxes at the Lebanon office and that I could pick them up ahead of time to have them ready for the technician when they arrived. This was utterly false and the local office explained that they had regular HD boxes that were not compatible with the Anyroom DVR box. This was a one hour round trip of my time and gas wasted. The next technician arrived with the proper equipment. This installation was successful only because I noted that the main Anyroom DVR box did not display the "scheduled recordings" menu which the technician quickly corrected. I then scheduled a third Anyroom slave box to be added a few weeks later. This is where the bulk of the trouble began. I was originally told during the initial installation that I would be able to add additional Anyroom slave boxes myself but now was told that it had to be done by a technician and that I would be charged an installation fee. I lost the phone connection before this could be protested and called back only to find that the appointment had already been scheduled and that the installation fee was still being applied. I was able to have the installation fee waived but was also told that I could pick up an Anyroom slave box locally and install it myself since they were the same device as the HD digital boxes supplied by the local offices. I had them keep the scheduled installation appointment (just in case) while I went to pick up an Anyroom DVR slave box myself locally. This time I went to a different office since the closer one was closed for the day and guess what... I was AGAIN told that the CSR gave me false information and that their digital boxes could not be used with the Anyroom DVR system. Two technicians arrived to install the third Anyroom DVR slave box and this worked proerply for a day. After that, neither the new Anyroom DVR slave box nor the MAIN Anyroom DVR box were getting any signal at all. A CSR could not identify the problem and had to schedule a technician. The technician found that there were no "rates" on either of these two boxes and was annoyed that the CSR failed to notice this which would have made the service call unnecessary. There seemed to be some issue with adding the new rates to the Anyroom DVR slave box and the technician left before the office had the issue fully resolved. Calling back after not hearing of any updates to the issue, this CSR was confused that we had Internet and Phone services with were not a part of our bill. He could not solve this without extensive work and promised that it would be taken care of by the end of the day. Calling back after this time had ellapsed, the next CSR found no updates or notes on this issue or even that the issue was being addressed. She scheduled a technician to come out to check the modem and other equipment to make sure these weren't hampering the resolution of the issue with the account's charges. The technician was by far one of the best. He upgraded the modem and verified the other equipment and their rates and got in touch with a CSR himself to manage the account issues. Again, this was too complex an issue to be resolved quickly and he had to leave but promised to keep on top of it and get back to me with updates. He actually did this and had the issue bumped up to a higher level of troubleshooting and gave me a ticket number as well as his work schedule and a contact phone number if needed. The last I spoke to hime that night, he had plans to bring up the issue at the morning manager's meeting so that his supervisor was aware of the issue. Once this was done, things were very quickly resolved with the account and all services appeared to be working properly. But there's more. We received a call later that night from a friend saying that he had to try our number 4 times before getting through, being told the first three times that the number he was calling was not active. Calls out worked fine but few calls coming in would connect to us. I confirmed this through two other sources and contacted a CSR. It had to be handled through a different department and took a day before they got to the job request. Once they got to it in their ***, it took all of 30 seconds to find and correct the problem with a "switch". I also discovered that my voicemail had to be set up again, my voicemail's email notifications had to be re-added, and scheduled DVR recordings had to be scheduled again. I hope you can see what an amazing failure in customer service and product delivery and reliability this has been. Be assured that I've fully researched the cost and availability of other providers and require an extremely compelling reason not to switch services to a different company.
Reading, Pennsylvania

Comcast - Service and charges

I live in Montgomery County, MD, the Silver Spring area. They have a monopoly and the service is horrendous and the cost is outrageous and goes up on a regular basis. Right now I am being charged 172.80 for basic service and HBO. We are being charged for the DVR now - a new cost that suddenly appeared after being a *** loyal customer for 3 1/2 years paying 137.00 which inched its way up to that amount. In the last couple of months the cost for the DVR went from 5.00 to 10.00 to 27.00 in a couple of months. You can never get a straight answer as to why this service cost so much, but 137 is expensive enough .The picture quality is poor as it is pixilated and goes out completely at times. The modem goes out and right now the TV does not work at all. My internet is slow -second only to dial-up. The politicians are paid to allow THIS MONOPOLY. Montgomery County, MD is as corrupt as it can be. The courts are owned by certain law firms and judges are paid to make certain decisions as the lawyers sit in the court rooms and nod their heads when the judges do what they have been paid to do. So it is no surprise that Comcast has this nice deal. My county is allegedly a Democratic one, but this is a joke. They have one of the highest incomes in the country-millions of dollars and the politicians run for office unopposed by a Republican or a Democrat. Now they tell us that we had a service that should have been cancelled and it cost us more than the basic and we somehow should have known that we had the wrong box. We supposedly have been charged for this box, whatever it is, yet we have no special service-only basic TV and HBO We are cancelling service as we are tired of being robbed. Comcast is a bunch of gangsters
Silver Spring, Maryland
Loss

Wow, comcast is way to expensive

well about a year ago. i was paying $80.65. now it's gone up to 140.00 month. with no hbo,max, or movies.this sucksbig time. don't want cancel because i need to watch t.v at night. they need to have less prices for existing comtomers. i been with them for over seven years. serially thinking about going with someone else with better prices.... any one? know's somehting!! well i have to write at less 100 words. so i call dish network and they want $800 to install that's not right. where can i get free cable without paying a dime

I just got internet and hooked it up to my TV to watch movies and stream TV shows for free. It's great since there are no commercials and it's a *** of a lot less than cable, which is an extreme rip off, especially if it's Comcast.

If you have internet service, you could certainly use other options for watching "TV" such as streaming Netflix, or Hulu, or Crackle.

As long as you have internet, you are never "stuck" with TV service.

View more comments (1)
Los Banos, California
Loss

Comcast will no longer take my money...found better

I've had Comcast for years and when I initially signed up I was paying $99.99 for cable/internet/phone. I have my bill automatically drafted from my account and Comcast is suppose to send me my bill via email, but I never get the email from some reason. I noticed that my bill has gone up over $150.00 a month so I called to see what happen. They said I was under a special promotional price and that the price I had was no longer available and there was no specials for current customers. Ive been with them for over 6 years you would think they would cut me some deal, but no. I was super frustrated by Comcast and wanted to find a cable provider that was less expensive and I came across this article that really helped me find the best deal in my area. Hope this helps others also. http://coupondeals123.com/coupon/articles.php?article_id=article_20130212

I have been a long time customer of my water company...my rates keep going up...think they would cut me a deal...not. or my sewage or even my garbage collector.

I can chose any garbage collector even a cheaper private one but i like mine. They do not discount me because i use their service over another service.

I could even take it to the landfill myself. If you do not like the price go somewhere else :cry

Dawnielle

Comcast PLEASE quit outsourcing you phone call centers. I travelled to Guatemala twice, Panama City,the Phillipines, and Mexico before FINALLLY reaching a real person in the US who knew exactly how to solve my simple request.

I know the Company wants to save money but losing customers is not the way to do it. Had it not been for my last call (made out of severe frustration) I would have gone with ATT Universe immediately.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Comcast accounting and service department is going to ruin the company

Internet is paid from my employer. Television is paid from me privately. Should be easy and Comcast did it right for 3 years and than they started to screw it up like in a nightmare. My colleagues and I had to deal with friendly but totally unprofessional people. It started when I got internet fees deducted from my bank account. Later they mixed up the billing addresses. etc etc etc. After 16 calls and 6 month of trouble I finally had to cancel my account which didn't work out via phone and finally a canceled both accounts via mail. Comcast is still not able to simply establish 2 accounts. Just unbelievable and a lot of trouble.
Portland, Oregon

Comcast base their service on race

We paid our bill and after two hours we still didn't have signal. So I called the technical support center to explain my situation. They send so many signals to my box and nothing worked when my husband asked to set up an appointment the customer service rep asked him what race he was! My husband answered him and asked why he needed to know what his race was? The rep told him he had a technician that worked there that was Mexican and had the same name. It's been a week and we still haven't had a technician come to fix our problem. Every time we call they tell us the tech did go but we weren't home. Funny how they haven't left a "sorry we missed you" note! We are still waiting for some one to come help us with our problem. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND COMCAST TO ANY ONE! I have heard about how bad their services are but I didn't want to listen. DIRECT TV here I come!
Denver, Colorado
Comcast Technical Support

Comcast - Rude customer service & Lazy Techs.

i have been getting comcast ads in the mail now for a few weeks. So i decided to call & get there internet service. after a while on the phone i find out my address is "un-serviceable"..really?.. i can throw a rock a hit several of my neighbors houses who have comcast.. They then transfer me over to a department to get a tech. to come out to do a cable drop at my house so i can get service.. The guy i get refuses to even send a tech out because my address comes up as "un-serviceable" in his computer.. I tried several times to explain that yes we know this & that is why i was transferred to you, so you can send a tech out to do a cable drop, to make me serviceable.. The line is like 50 ft. from my house at the road, & I even offered to buy & run the cable my self.. but he still refused to even send a tech out.. because his computers says i am "un-serviceable"..lmao I consider my self lucky, if this is the type of idiots they have working for them,.. its good thing i didnt get service.. as *** people *** me off..
Gainesville, Georgia
Comcast Service Transfer
Do not use Comcast if you have any other options for cable service!! First of all you will get the "Comcast *** That is when the bill creeps up month after month after month. I have spent untold hours during numerous phone calls to the billing department trying to get...
Tacoma, Washington

Comcast Never Gave Me My Credit

When I signed up for service, Comcast told me they were only going to be charging me $29.95 a month plus fees and taxes. But when I finished, I found out I would be charged $39.95 instead. That was because my husband was talked into adding another $10 for faster internet. At that point, I couldn't do anything about it. So I accepted the extra charge. When I called to complain, about something else, then I was promised a free upgrade. I could not tell any difference in speed. When it is all said and done, they are charging me around $54. Something is just not right about this. When I signed up, I was told there would be no hook up charge since I would do the installation myself, but when I got my first bill, I found a 20 charge on it for installation. I called them and asked them what this was about. I was told that the representative never should have told me that, and she apologized. Then she told me that she would give me credit on a future bill. I never got it. When I called to find out why, I was told there wasn't any record for that conversation. With the monopolies, we are stuck with companies that stick it to their customers at every opportunity. I have been a loyal customer, off and on, and sent my residents to them, when I was an on-site manager, for many years. But, if I could find a decent ISP, that doesn't charge an arm and a leg and gives good service and is honest in their practices, I would leave Comcast in a heartbeat. Because of their extra charges, my bill has jumped from, around $45 to $54 to $59 a month. It may not seem like much, but when you are on a very low fixed income, like I am, it is a huge difference. Now they want to shut me off. They are quick to do that. I find it interesting that only one company has stood up for it's values, on here, and have actually helped their customers. Comcast has not, once, responded with wanting to help theirs. I was so excited when they finally came into our area, those many years ago, but no more. They have become greedy and don't care about their customers anymore. Does anyone know of an ISP that offers low prices for high speed internet that I can use for videos, social networking and emails for zip code 55420?
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Loss

Comcast calls dead phone line to confirm appt.

I got in touch with Comcast 5 days ago because my phone/cable TV/internet service was down following a big storm. The first day they could come was today, between 3 and 5. The technician calls before coming to your house to be sure you're home. THE *** CALLED THE VERY PHONE LINE HE WAS COMING HERE TO FIX. Since the phone line doesn't work right now, I didn't get the call. So they cancelled the appointment. I found out because I was able to check my voicemail online, courtesy of my Verizon MiFi card. Now they are coming in 3 days to fix it.

Comcast - Gift Card

I was looking at getting cable from Comcast so I went online and a chat person popped up, so I talked with him FOREVER and he finally talked me into getting a Triple play bundle, because it came with a "$350" gift card I agreed. So finally 5 months later, I still haven't received my gift card. I wrote several emails with no response, tried calling a number for the promotions, always says they're closed. So I purposefully stopped paying my bill and of course they call me, so I asked them where my gift card was, he said it would be researched, so whatever. Well they called me today to say I would be getting a $200 gift card in 6-8 weeks. WTF? I said what happened to $350, she put me on hold, came back and said that gift card was only if you got my bundle and home security. That's not what the guy told me, Comcast tells you stuff to get you to get their seriously over priced bundles and then make up different rules and say now you're getting something different than what you we're suppose to. So SHADY!!

You'll never get your gift card. It's a scam.

I was told I'd get a gift card of $200 and 8 months later today I find out it was never actually part of my contract. That's criminal deception. 4 months ago they told me I'd receive it in 45 days, still no card.

If you stay on the phone with them long enough and explain the legality of the deceiving agreement with them, they'll drop your service and waive your termination fee, because the deception voids the actual contract. I'll never use them again.

#820279

This is my problem as well!!! I'm so pissed off right now!

It was a $350 gift card now they're saying a $200 gift card it's been 6 months and I haven't received ***!! The deal was I had to keep my acct in good standing for 90 days. I left directv after 6 years of wonderful services all because comcast xfinity had a great promotion going on with the visa gift cards. I've called over 30 times (no joke) and every time I get a new bs reason why I haven't received it.

From I was late payments in my first 90 period (I should them kept receipts that I paid a week in advanced for the first 90 days) then they said oh we apologize we see it was just a misunderstanding you'll get it within 3-4 weeks. Once I didn't receive it I called back and they said that I never signed u for the promotion! After arguing and being transferred 4 times I got someone who said if I faxed in proof that I signed up for the gift card they'll send me one! I had kept my confirmation email and sent that as well as my installation papers with what package plus my promotional visa gift card listed on there.

They once again apologized and promised this time it was fixed and I'm getting my gift card sent out...... When I never received it I called back and they said it wasn't on there end but on the gift card company's end and gave me a number to call once I called them they said they have no information at all about me ever being eligible for the visa gift card and they simply send out the gift cards but do not deal with comcast issues. I called comcast back and after being transferred 3 times I got a lady saying that I never did a verbal "911" emergency agreement and so I have to do so and do the full 90 agreement over again and once I completed it I would recieve it 3-4 months from now!!!!! I called back to someone new coz this just isn't right?!?!?!

The guy just now informed me that the "911" emergency agreement has nothing to do with my account and nothing to do with my visa gift card!!!! No one well fix this issue and I'm getting lies and the runaround I'm do sick and tired of this!!!

I have since reviewed the promotional agreements and rules and I have done EVERYTHING correctly!!!! Comcast are a bunch of fakes and this promotion was a scam!!

This exact thing is happening to us. We were double billed for the first month (in error), we were told we only needed to submit payment for the correct amount.

Then we get a late notice, and tell us we didn't qualify for the promotion because we were late paying the first bill. The issue dragged on, and they came back and said we could either take the card (in another 1-2 months) or apply the amount to our account. We opted to have it apply to the account, and the customer service lady says,"Ok, you should see a $200 credit on your next statement"....WTF? The promotion was for $350 gift card.

Fed up with Comcast, and we've only been customer for a few months. Complete ***.

Happened to me as well. I was told that if I signed up for Triple Play I would get $250 - $300 visa gift card.

My account had to be in good standing for 3 months and then I would recieve it. After the 3 months I called and they said it is being processed. 6 months later called and they said I din't qualify for the gift card b/c I already was a Comcast customer, it was only for new customers. I explained the the customer service supervisor that I was told on several occasions I qualified.

He said that I was told wrong and couldn't even review the recorded call b/c of how the time has passed.

I did get a $100 credit but I told him I was not satisified.

View more comments (3)
Parker, Colorado

Comcast - Billing extortion

I have been charged a total of 140 - 60 for a cable box that I returned and have a recipe and 80 for a modem that I tossed because the Comcast said,it was obsolete. I have verified from customer service that this equipment is obsolete but they demand return or payment. They will not accept the receipt number for the 60 charge a nd want me to "come into their office in person. " i Have been on hold for "Alex " for Total of 3 hours. I want to take them to small claims court or my credit is ruined.

I have the same thing happening to me now. Albuquerque nm

I was thinking of reporting extortion attempts to the authorities and then going to press.

Seattle, Washington