Dishonest Comcast tech support
My email to comcast: Saturday morning my internet went out.I called technical support and they told me to reboot my unit.
That didn't fix my problem so I called again. I described my situation and the rep told me that this is a known feature for my modem (motorola) but it would fix on it's own and take up to 24 hours. I was convinced but it was obvious that they just wanted me off the phone. The next morning, still not fixed, the rep told me that they could see yellow and red lights in my unit and that the modem was broken.
This also seemed untrue but I listened anyways. I went to the store and spent $150 on a modem. When I tried to activate it, I had the same exact problem (internet not sending) and the rep said that it was conclusive that my internet was not working (Versus a problem that could be fixed on it's own or a bad modem). I was also told that they could not send out a technician yesterday so I had to miss two hours of work today.
This caused me to lose $120 in wages and make me look bad for showing up late to work. When the technician showed up, he said that my internet was disconnected and that comcast disconnected the wrong house. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! I have technical support lying to me just to get me off the phone, I spent $150 on a modem that I did not need, I lost $120 in wages and now have a tardy at work, I could not use my home phone or internet or cell phone booster ALL weekend so I could not get what I had planned done, and you disconnected the wrong house.
WHY? I am tempted to just close my entire account and be done with Comcast and tell all of my friends about this experience unless a resolution is offered. I also have an another account at 738 xxx Street, 9xxxx which I will also cancel if you do not offer me some kind of compensation for this trouble.
I deserve money back and/or a new account promotion because it is not fair what me, my wife, or the other two people living in my house went through for 48 hours.I've lost all confidence in your technical support group and their urgent need to get me off the phone with dishonest advice.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "During the meet of the Restaurants owners in Chandigarh during the first week of February, the issue of paid news was officially discussed with serious concern. Instead of "create need..."
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "Hmmm. Our phones were paid off, our charges were WAY more than the $80 for 2 lines advertised in the "Family Plan", and T-Mobile is waging an aggressive campaign aimed..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "With no warning, we had to find a car for our daughter. Low Book Sales had a 2007 Honda Accord advertised for $6000- at least $3000 under Blue Book. Not expecting..."
- "I just purchased a case of Oreos with chocolate cream. The pack was fresh & wasnt ripped open or anything when I brought them home and opened it, it seemed..."
- "I have purchased recently a small tube preamp, which regrettably arrived incomplete, without the mains transformer, despite the seller's product description stating the transformer will be included. I have tried to..."