Dishonest Comcast tech support
My email to comcast: Saturday morning my internet went out.I called technical support and they told me to reboot my unit.
That didn't fix my problem so I called again. I described my situation and the rep told me that this is a known feature for my modem (motorola) but it would fix on it's own and take up to 24 hours. I was convinced but it was obvious that they just wanted me off the phone. The next morning, still not fixed, the rep told me that they could see yellow and red lights in my unit and that the modem was broken.
This also seemed untrue but I listened anyways. I went to the store and spent $150 on a modem. When I tried to activate it, I had the same exact problem (internet not sending) and the rep said that it was conclusive that my internet was not working (Versus a problem that could be fixed on it's own or a bad modem). I was also told that they could not send out a technician yesterday so I had to miss two hours of work today.
This caused me to lose $120 in wages and make me look bad for showing up late to work. When the technician showed up, he said that my internet was disconnected and that comcast disconnected the wrong house. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! I have technical support lying to me just to get me off the phone, I spent $150 on a modem that I did not need, I lost $120 in wages and now have a tardy at work, I could not use my home phone or internet or cell phone booster ALL weekend so I could not get what I had planned done, and you disconnected the wrong house.
WHY? I am tempted to just close my entire account and be done with Comcast and tell all of my friends about this experience unless a resolution is offered. I also have an another account at 738 xxx Street, 9xxxx which I will also cancel if you do not offer me some kind of compensation for this trouble.
I deserve money back and/or a new account promotion because it is not fair what me, my wife, or the other two people living in my house went through for 48 hours.I've lost all confidence in your technical support group and their urgent need to get me off the phone with dishonest advice.d420706 review #446020
You may also like
- "Yesterday I called one authorized retailer for Comcast - I got this number from the leasing office of the apt I'm moving in to. I spoke with a guy named..."
- "We are currently paying Comcast $79/month for internet that is supposed to be 20mb/s download, and a 5mb/s upload. The speed is constantly way lower than what we are paying..."
- "I recently tried priceline.com to rent a car -- without success. No big deal. Subsequently I changed my mind and decided not to travel that week at all. Now, every couple..."
- "Beware of false advertisement. Advertises a clearance price of $34.99 for a shoe that sells for $54.99. Put in the size and color selection and went to check..."
- "Vadim hired me as a web developer, and I delivered the website according to his specifications. He was satisfied with the first deliverable, which contained all of his requests, pending..."
- "I ordered a Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Cuckoo Clock, it arrived with the figure Clarice broken off. I requested a return and exchange to be shipped. They..."
- "Last year I met a guy at a business mixer who chatted with me for a minute or two and then immediately asked me if i was looking for work..."
- "Got some extra time and $$ to *** away? Well then put in an order with ooShirts.com!What a nightmare to work with.We usually use 4imprint, Logosoftware, and DiscountMugs for..."
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."