Comcast DTA boxes
I've just spent over 2 hours on the phone with Comcast.I live in the Boston area and received a letter from Comcast that I would need to install the DTA to continue receiving cable channels on my TVs that weren't connected to a cable box.
And weren't they being nice? They were going to send me two free boxes to convert that awful analog signal. What they don't tell you is that you will lose any digital signal that you were receiving. I have a TV in my bedroom that used to receive all the local channels in HD digital form.
No longer. This DTA totally eliminates the digital signal. I was told that the solution for this was to lease one of their HD boxes. So now I was going to have pay an additional charge for something I had been receiving as part of my cable package.
Another Comcast rip-off. The person that I spoke with from Comcast told me that it wasn't Comcast's fault, it was the FCC that mandated it. I'm sure that if you go back and review the proceedings you won't find Comcast objecting as they looked at it as a way to force people to lease HD boxes to now charge an additional fee for something that I had been receiving as part of my cable package. They should have provided a box that would also pass local HD signals.
Shame on Comcast.And they wonder why they have such a low opinion rating.12eac9e1 review #170848
You may also like
- "Recently, KELO posted a story on their KELOLAND.com website about a donation made by Sammons Financial Group to the Great Plains Zoo. It was a “feel good” story about..."
- "DO NOT BUY A VIZIO TV, unless you want to throw away your hard earned cash! I purchased a Vizio TV, Model # E55i-A0, in November, 2013. 9 months later,..."
- "I have sat here and read all of these complaints and must say I think I have made my choice and am going to end my services. From day one..."
- "I ordered flowers to mark the arrival of my first grandchild. Wrote up a heartfelt message for the card. From You Flowers sent what they called a 'card' withnt even..."
- "I received my order of helicopter parts and thought they shorted me some bearings. The website had a photo of 4 bearings and that's what I thought I was..."
- "Recently took a cruise with 19 other people on Celebrity Cruises.. got to our cabin there was blood on the toilet seat, *** on the shower curtain and human hair..."
- "Geico was the worst experience of my life! I don't know what part of the country you live in, but here in Texas, I switched to Rodney D Young Insurance..."
- "Shocking additional charges-completely misleading pricing info. Virtually impossible to get in personal touch with. At least three different sites for same company, screwing up as they go along independent of..."
- "Built our deck in 2004 - deck started to flake/rot 2014 - submitted a claim this year. I spent over $12K to build our deck. Trex only offered about 10%..."