Comcast DTA boxes
I've just spent over 2 hours on the phone with Comcast.I live in the Boston area and received a letter from Comcast that I would need to install the DTA to continue receiving cable channels on my TVs that weren't connected to a cable box.
And weren't they being nice? They were going to send me two free boxes to convert that awful analog signal. What they don't tell you is that you will lose any digital signal that you were receiving. I have a TV in my bedroom that used to receive all the local channels in HD digital form.
No longer. This DTA totally eliminates the digital signal. I was told that the solution for this was to lease one of their HD boxes. So now I was going to have pay an additional charge for something I had been receiving as part of my cable package.
Another Comcast rip-off. The person that I spoke with from Comcast told me that it wasn't Comcast's fault, it was the FCC that mandated it. I'm sure that if you go back and review the proceedings you won't find Comcast objecting as they looked at it as a way to force people to lease HD boxes to now charge an additional fee for something that I had been receiving as part of my cable package. They should have provided a box that would also pass local HD signals.
Shame on Comcast.And they wonder why they have such a low opinion rating.c361e5f review #170848
You may also like
- "Hello. DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove. My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long..."
- "DO NOT BUY A VIZIO TV, unless you want to throw away your hard earned cash! I purchased a Vizio TV, Model # E55i-A0, in November, 2013. 9 months later,..."
- "I have not been a Comcast customer for several years, however, some of my neighbors are. There is a Comcast cable box attached to the side of my townhouse...."
- "On 11/26/14, I took my Pomeranian, Missy to the Banfield in Deptford, NJ. The vet who normally sees my 3 dogs was not in (Dr Oliver).So Missy was seen by..."
- "This is Samson the day I bought him from Anna this actually picture was done still in her house - first picture with him for us he is beautiful his..."
- "My diabetic daughter was admitted to Yellowstone. She was there for 2 days and they refused her insulin and testing of blood sugar. She was in..."
- "Fiterman sports sent me back a helmet that I had signed at an autograph signing through their company with smudge and smear marks all over the helmet. This helmet..."
- "When my husband and I decided to remodel our bathroom we thought we'd check out our local Home Depot and Lowe's. We didn't see anything that caught our eye at..."
- "This signed block of stamps, allegedly signed by Edwin Aldrin AKA Buzz Aldrin is now listed on eBay, and based on an online opinion from a reputable authentication firm, came..."