Comcast DTA boxes
I've just spent over 2 hours on the phone with Comcast.I live in the Boston area and received a letter from Comcast that I would need to install the DTA to continue receiving cable channels on my TVs that weren't connected to a cable box.
And weren't they being nice? They were going to send me two free boxes to convert that awful analog signal. What they don't tell you is that you will lose any digital signal that you were receiving. I have a TV in my bedroom that used to receive all the local channels in HD digital form.
No longer. This DTA totally eliminates the digital signal. I was told that the solution for this was to lease one of their HD boxes. So now I was going to have pay an additional charge for something I had been receiving as part of my cable package.
Another Comcast rip-off. The person that I spoke with from Comcast told me that it wasn't Comcast's fault, it was the FCC that mandated it. I'm sure that if you go back and review the proceedings you won't find Comcast objecting as they looked at it as a way to force people to lease HD boxes to now charge an additional fee for something that I had been receiving as part of my cable package. They should have provided a box that would also pass local HD signals.
Shame on Comcast.And they wonder why they have such a low opinion rating.review #170848
You may also like
- "I wrote to them about the increase in my rate during my contract time, and was told that a $20 per month charge would be applied for every month that..."
- "Thank you for filing your complaint. As you requested, below is a copy of your complaint. Within the next business day, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the complaint...."
- "I have not been a Comcast customer for several years, however, some of my neighbors are. There is a Comcast cable box attached to the side of my townhouse...."
- "I received my order of helicopter parts and thought they shorted me some bearings. The website had a photo of 4 bearings and that's what I thought I was..."
- "I had a new heating system put in, from oil to gas and they did a good job doing that ,but when it came to coming back to fixing problems..."
- "Coach & Carriage auto body performed extremely poorly on a recent repair. They came to me highly recommended by a trusted family member, and they very unfortunately delivered inept and..."
- "The Valero on 73rd and Bancroft in Oakland, CA is charging people different prices than posted. 3.999 posted for regular gas and on some pumps it charging 4.099. They..."
- "Used deck over Happy with coverage BUT it gets dirty my front porch looks like a barn floor does not clean well at all tried deck over cleaner not so..."
- "A relative of mine sent her priceless and irreplaceable antique China to my husband and me. The boxes that came in were banged up pretty bad. When we opened it,..."